- Between the age of 21-32 and in good health
- Within normal weight range, BMI of 21-28
- Dependable and Reliable
If you feel like you meet those requirements
Who Needs Donor Eggs?
Egg donation is an effective treatment for couples facing infertility, and offers the highest success rates for pregnancy of all treatment options. Women may need donor egg for several reasons:
- Women who were born with abnormal ovaries and produce no eggs. Many of these patients have a normal uterus and can become pregnant with donor eggs fertilized in vitro.
- Women who stop producing eggs earlier than normal, a condition known as premature ovarian failure. The cause is usually unknown. In some women, premature ovarian failure is caused by autoimmune disease, surgery or exposure to radiation or chemotherapy. If a woman’s uterus is normal, she can conceive with donor eggs.
- Women who carry a genetic abnormality in their chromosomes and want to avoid passing it to their children.
Does this cost me anything?
The recipient pays for the cost of donor screening, fertility drugs, monitoring costs, retrieval and all laboratory procedures. They are also responsible for your compensation of $4500 for your time and effort once the cycle is completed.
Am I legally responsible for anything?
Each recipient signs a consent form for use of donor eggs. Under State legislation, the social parents registering the birth of a child resulting from a donated oocyte are considered to be the legal parents of the child. The egg donor has no legal rights or responsibilities towards the child.